By SUSAN CHISM
ADVOCATE NEWS STAFF
Another sunny Saturday provided the perfect backdrop for the Bond County Cruise-In’s final 2023 event.
Although there were several regulars, the event had a great number of new entries.
Five owners took home category honors:
- Best overall went to Jared Renker and his black 1956 Cadillac series 62.
- Kenneth Schlemer took top paint honors for his aquamarine 1939 Chevy master deluxe.
- Tom Jackson and his orange 1971 Plymouth ‘Cuda was named best Mopar.
- Best General Motors also went orange, to Roger Roney’s 1952 Chevy pickup.
- Gary and Faye Hasenmeyer were named best Ford for a metallic seafoam 1997 Ford F150 truck.