By Rachel Terry
Advocate News Staff
On Thursday, March 16, Mulberry Grove Fire Protection District was paged with automatic mutual aid from Greenville Fire Protection District, Keyesport Fire Protection District and Rural Med EMS. Bond County Sheriff’s Department also had units on the scene.
Mulberry Grove Fire volunteers were dispatched at 1:48 a.m. to a structure fire in the 300 block of North Church Street in Mulberry Grove which reportedly had two occupants entrapped. The district arrived on scene to find a trash bag in the kitchen which had caught fire from an apparent accident involving the stove. The male occupant had extinguished the fire prior to district arrival with a kitchen fire extinguisher. The occupants had made it out of the structure on their own without injury.
Keyesport Fire provided standby at their firehouse while Mulberry Grove Fire investigated. Greenville Fire assisted with positive pressure ventilation of the house and then all fire units were returned to service.
Approximately 15 firefighters were on scene for about one hour with no injuries.